Thursday, August 25, 2011

See The Universe in a Soap Bubble

At first glance this may appear to show a sun rising over a distant planet but on closer inspection it becomes apparent that Richard Heeks' macro photographs are simply bubbles glistening in the sun.

The 38-year-old from Exminster, near Exeter, says: "Sometimes I stand back and just watch a bubble as it hangs in the air.

I walk around it, admiring it, and I see how the light plays on it. And sometimes I photograph a bubble and see things I didn't expect to see.

I didn't realise these bubbles would look like planets until I caught one or two good ones and then looked at them carefully on the camera screen." Who needs the Hubble Telescope when you've got the Bubble Telescope?

Picture: Richard Heeks / Barcroft Media

No comments:

Post a Comment